With Game Day around the corner, appetizers are on everyone’s mind. There is no shortage of delicious apps floating around the internet right now, and I figured I might as well toss one on the pile.
Perfect with a bag of tortilla chips, thrown on a chimichanga, or the base layer of amazing tacos, this versatile guacamole is sure to become a crowd favorite.
Here is what you will need:
• 6 Avocados
• 1/2 Chopped Red Onion
• 1 Tomato, chopped
• 1 bunch Cilantro, finely chopped
• 1 Can Chipolte Peppers (strained and rinsed)
• 2 Jalapeno Peppers (seeds in for more kick, seeds removed for less spice)
• 2 Limes
• 1 Tablespoon freshly minced garlic
• 1 Teaspoon Cumin
• 1 Teaspoon Chile Powder
• 1 Teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat Smoker to 180 Degrees
2. Cut Avocados in half and remove the seeds, place avocados on the smoker cut-side up for 20 minutes
3. Prep all other items. Mince Fresh Garlic and chop Red Onion, Tomato, Cilantro, and Jalapeno.
4. For this recipe, I took 3 Chipotle Peppers and ran them through a food processor.
5. When the Avocados are done smoking, remove from smoker and place them in a large bowl. Using a fork, mash the Avocados as fine as you prefer. I like some chunks of Avocado so I do not mash them super fine.
6. Add the Chipotle Peppers and mix them thoroughly with the avocados. This does take the pretty green away from the guacamole but it is worth it, trust me!
7. Mix in Onion, Jalapeno, Garlic, Tomato, and seasoning and mix together well. I add the Cilantro and Lime and mix it one last time.
8. Done! Serve in whatever medium you desire!
Share your pictures with me or tag me in your own version of the recipe!
@SlothstradamusBBQ – Instagram
The Slothstradamus – Facebook