Role and Responsibilities
· The Paint Prep Technician is responsible for preparing all assigned components and assemblies for finishing and final assembly processes
· Duties include preparation for paint, including sanding, grinding, masking, and staging of components based on production need.
· Review of production orders for sequence and quantity prior to beginning prep work.
· Properly load and unload a hanging line based on production sequencing.
· Complete all paint preparation processes according to manufacturing specifications.
· Inspect paint finish to insure adherence to quality standards.
· Contribute to maintaining acceptable cost per paint labor hour.
· Update status board as components are completed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Since the paint prep position is entry-level, a HS Diploma or GED is the only educational prerequisite
Must be able to prepare paints, thinners, dryers, etc. and clean/maintain spray painting equipment.
Experience with gloss and flat paints, clear coat applications and body repair (body putty application).
Knowledge of manufacturing repair/refinishing processes.
Ability to use selected vendor materials and general supplies efficiently and cost effectively.
Must be efficient will the ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment.
Operate forklifts when required, after proper training and certification
Maintain housekeeping in designated sections of warehouse
Ensure a safe working environment by conforming to all safety guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE)
Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment
Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal
Works to continuously improve fabrication times while maintaining desired levels of quality
Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or instructed
Reaching above and below shoulder level.
Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping.
Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.
May be exposed to repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion.
May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center.
Ability work well under pressure. He or she must be able to understand and adhere to oral and written instructions. Safety and attendance are number one priority.
Highly organized with the desire to continually improve
Strong attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Hutchinson, KS 67501: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location