We are looking for someone to rack/prep/clean parts for powder coating. This position is responsible for quality assurance by properly finishing products that meet precise customer specifications, utilizing belt sanders and/or coating small to large parts of different metal substrates. Operators prep parts for paint, including media blasting and possible hand grinding; and handle, hang, and package parts on/off the line.
Job requires standing on your feet and lifting parts, some above your head. Good communication & teamwork skills are necessary, must be able to follow instructions.
- Good communication & teamwork skills are necessary, must be able to follow instructions
- Since the position is entry-level, a HS Diploma or GED is the only educational prerequisite
- Ability to learn to use, read, and understand measuring tools
- He or she must be able to understand and adhere to oral and written instructions
- Highly organized with the desire to continually improve
- Strong attention to detail
- Since the position is entry-level, a HS Diploma or GED is the only educational prerequisite.
- Previous work experience in quality assurance, desired.
- Experience with industrial painting and powder coating, preferred.
- Ability to learn to use, read, and understand measuring tools.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing/production facility, desired.
- Reaching above and below shoulder level.
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping.
- Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.
- May be exposed to repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion.
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center.
- Ability work well under pressure. He or she must be able to understand and adhere to oral and written instructions. Safety and attendance are number one priority.
- Highly organized with the desire to continually improve.
- Strong attention to detail.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates:
Group Health, Dental & Vision Insurances
Company Paid Life, Short/Long Term Disability Insurances
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (Variety of AFLAC Policies, Flex Spending, Optional Additional Life)
Employee Personal Days
Paid Birthday Bonus
Employee Uniform Program
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply; Only full-time employees eligible
No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hutchinson, KS 67501: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)