We are hiring!
Are you looking for stability, competitive wages, and benefits? Immediate openings are available.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role and Responsibilities
- Weld steel components with wire welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, manufacturing orders, or verbal instructions.
- Work includes accurate set-up and layout of work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Work with other welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools when required, after proper training and certification.
- Ensure a safe working environment by conforming to all safety guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Since the welder position is entry-level, a HS Diploma or GED is the only educational prerequisite.
- Two (2) years related production welding experience
- Must successfully pass a weld test
- Owns basic hand tools and personal protective equipment required to complete layouts and fabrication
- Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with operation and care of welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, hoses, valves, and gas cylinders.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and achieve promised production dates.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal.
- Works to continuously improve fabrication times while maintaining desired levels of quality.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or instructed.