Smoked Teriyaki Huli Huli Chicken
Huli Huli Chicken was first developed in Hawaii, but has made its way to the mainland.
Huli Huli Chicken Recipe
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1 cup of kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 tbs of garlic powder
- 2 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs of paprika
- Dash of cayenne to taste
Teriyaki Huli Huli Sauce:
- 1 tbs of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 4 tbs of apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- Marinate chicken thighs in marinade for a minimum of two hours.
- Heat YS640 to 225° and smoke chicken for 2 hours.
- Combine sauce ingredients in sauce pan and simmer until it thickens and sets up.
- Bump YS640 temp. to 325°, glaze chicken with Huli Huli sauce and smoke for another 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
Pairs well with apple or cherry pellets
Huli Huli Chicken was first developed in Hawaii, but has made its way to the mainland and is fabulous off the Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill. Here’s YS640 owner Tim Young’s take on Huli Huli chicken.
2 thoughts on “Smoked Teriyaki Huli Huli Chicken”
This recipe has been a staple in our house for two years now- thank you for sharing!
I just found this and it has become a staple in ours too!