Grilled Chicken Wings
Who doesn't love chicken wings? This simple grilled chicken wings recipe is tasty!
Grilled Chicken Wings
- 5 lb chicken wings
- Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles Fajita Bath
- Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- Plowboys BBQ Hothead BBQ Sauce
For the Cilantro Buttermilk Dressing:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- If using whole wings, cut off the tips and discard, then separate the two wing pieces by cutting at joint in the space between where the bones meet. Place the wings in an 8-Quart Briner Bucket. Add equal parts Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles Fajita Bath and water to the bucket, enough to cover all wings. Lock the plastic plate in place to keep the wings submerged. Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- While the chicken soaks, combine all ingredients for the Cilantro Buttermilk Dressing in a blender. Blend until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 425ºF, set up with GrillGrates.
- Remove the wings from the liquid. Pat dry with paper towels. Season all surfaces with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning.
- Grill the wings on both sides to achieve nice browning. Use an instant-read thermometer to monitor the internal temperature. Remove from the cooker when the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Immediately toss the wings in Plowboys BBQ Hothead BBQ Sauce. Serve hot with the Cilantro Buttermilk Dressing for dipping.
Prep Time:60 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Hours | Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Who doesn’t love chicken wings? This simple grilled chicken wings recipe is tasty, quick and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Chef Tom of All Thing Barbecue
1 thought on “Grilled Chicken Wings”
I just received a yoder 640 for my birthday(I know right! a hell of a birthday gift!) and the first effort was your receipe for tri tips. They came out AMAZING, thank you for all your instructions. Next will be your go-to bbq wings for supercross family dinner this sat. I wish you were on the west coast, we would have you over for some wings !!!
Thanks again for all your videos, they really help me get better at cooking.