Baby Back Ribs
Baby back ribs don't get any easier than this.
Baby back ribs don’t get any easier than this. Learn how to make your own seasoning rub and a few simple steps to create great tasting ribs on your Yoder Smokers YS640. Ryan Geary shows you the entire process from start to finish in this video.
Rib Rub Recipe
- 2 Tbls kosher salt
- 2 Tbls course ground black pepper
- 1 Tbl onion powder
- 1 Tbl garlic powder
- 1 Tbl Hungarian paprika
- 4 pounds baby back ribs
- 4 Tbls brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Pat the baby back ribs dry with a paper towel to remove any package moisture. Using a paper towel, remove membrane from back of ribs.
- Using olive oil as a binder, coat the ribs all over. Generously apply rub on all sides.
- Preheat cooker to 275º. Place ribs on cooker and spritz every 45 min with apple cider vinegar. Smoke ribs for about two and a half hours.
- Meanwhile, put about 4 Tbls brown sugar on a sheet of tin foil, drizzle honey over the brown sugar. Spread evenly to the approximate length & width of the rib rack.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and place, meat side down, on top of the brown sugar and honey on the foil. Drizzle your favorite BBQ sauce on and around the ribs. Wrap in the tin foil and put back into the cooker until the ribs get a good bend to them (See Video).
- Remove the foil and place back into cooker. Apply BBQ sauce and smoke for another 30-45 min. The rib rack should have a nice bend when done. The meat will easily pull away from the bone but doesn’t fall off.
- Remove from the smoker and enjoy!