Here’s how Sterling Davis of Slothstradamus BBQ does it on his YS640
By Sterling Davis, Slothstradamus BBQ
Sweet, smokey and satisfying. Make an impression with Smoked Lemonade.
Here’s how Sterling Davis of Slothstradamus BBQ does it on his YS640:
Smoked Simple Syrup Recipe
- 4 cups of sugar
- 4 liters of water
- Set Yoder Smoker pellet smoker to 180 degrees.
- Pour 4 cups sugar to 4 cups filtered water in a 9X13 pan.
- Smoke for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Cool and place into a container. Will keep for 2-3 weeks. A squeeze bottle works well.
Smoked Lemonade Recipe
- 16-18 Lemons
- 3 cups simple syrup
- 1 cup vodka (optional)
- Set Yoder Smoker pellet grill to 450.
- Cut 16-18 lemons in half, then press cut side into sugar.
- Place lemons cut side down on the grill, cook for 10-12 minutes (usually until grill marks show on the lemons).
- Remove lemons from grill and let cool.
- Squeeze lemons into a bowl and then run the juice through a strainer to catch seeds.
- Mix 3 cups simple syrup with 3 cups of water and add the lemon juice.
- If you would like, add 1 cup of your favorite Vodka.
You can also zest the smoke lemon peels and freeze for future use.