Kendall Eby / @eby_ebq / YS640
A bowl of chili is the perfect meal to feed a crowd. It's rather simple to make a big batch, and who doesn't like a big bowl of chili topped with cheese and sour cream? Add another level of flavor with your YS640 pellet grill, and you're sure to have a real crowd-pleaser. Kendall Eby has worked on perfecting his smoked chili recipe. Give it a try.
- 3 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 lb Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 24 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce chopped
- 4 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 1 quart Beef Broth
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 14 oz can Chili Beans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Holy Gospel Meat Church Rub (Or your favorite AP rub)
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- Cut your onion, green pepper, and poblano into quarters and put on the smoker at 225 degrees for an hour. Chop the remaining vegetables.
- While your vegetables smoke, on your stove top, brown the turkey and breakfast sausage. Season the turkey with 3/4 of chili seasoning.
- Add all ingredients, including remaining chili seasoning to a large steel pan, except for the beans.
- Smoke at 225 for 2.5 hours. Then add the beans and smoke for another 30 min.
- Serve with Sour Cream and some shredded cheddar cheese, or whatever your favorite toppings are.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 542Total Fat 31gSodium 1197mgCarbohydrates 22gProtein 50g