Korean Glazed Shrimp
Sweet, spicy, salty! Otherwise umami goodness. This shrimp’s got it all
Korean Glazed Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb. cleaned shrimp with tails removed
- 4oz gochujang paste (found in the international foods section of most grocery stores)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Place shrimp on skewers with about 1/4 space between them.
- Cook shrimp 3 minutes each side over direct flame.
- Place marinated shrimp in a cast iron and place iron over direct flame. Add 2 tablespoons butter and cook shrimp
evenly for 5-8 minutes or until done.
- Finish by topping shrimp with remaining marinade to taste, fresh cilantro and diced jalapenos (if you want an
extra kick!) and serve.
- Share your pictures with Sterling or tag him in your own version of the recipe!
Prep Time:25 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes
Sweet, spicy, salty … otherwise umami goodness. This shrimp’s got it all, plus it’s pretty quick and easy. Check out Sterling Davis’ recipe for Gochujang Saewu Gui (Korean Glazed Shrimp) off his Yoder Smokers YS640. Gochujang Saewu Gui, “Ridiculously Delicious Shrimp”.
SlothstradamusBBQ – Instagram