Sterling Davis / @Slothstradamusbbq / YS640
This flavorful French stew is not only delicious but healthy and a great way to get your vegetables! This dish is so good you might not need anything to go with it, or it serves as an incredible side for a night of fine dining for you and your family!
Share your pictures with Sterling or tag him in your own version of the recipe!
@SlothstradamusBBQ – Instagram
The Slothstradamus – Facebook
- 8 roma tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 medium eggplants
For the sauce:
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced yellow or orange bell pepper
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 10 leaves fresh chopped basil
- 10 leaves chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Fire up YS640s Pellet Grill to 375 degrees
- Start with the sauce; put a few tablespoons of olive oil in a 12″ cast iron (I use Stargazer Cast Iron [use SLOTHSTAR2 for 10% off!]). Saute onions, bell peppers, and garlic until soft. Usually 5-6 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, and basil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the veggies! I use a mandoline on the 3mm setting for slicing the squash and eggplants and a knife for the tomatoes. Slice eggplants, zucchini, and yellow squash at 3mm and set aside. Arrange the veggies in a pattern and place them in the sauce we made in the cast iron. It is easiest to start on the outer edge of the cast iron and work your way towards the center.
- Before covering with foil and placing in the smoker, I mix basil, parsley, thyme, garlic, olive oil, and a pinch of salt in a food processor and mix until smooth. Spread this over the dish.
- Cover with foil and place on the smoker for 40 minutes at 375 degrees. At 40 minutes, remove foil and allow to finish on the smoker for 20 more minutes to absorb the delicious smoke flavor.
Serving Size4 oz
Amount Per Serving Calories 237Total Fat 8gSodium 316mgCarbohydrates 38gProtein 9g