Pork Belly Burnt Ends
I’ve been cooking pork belly burnt ends since the first time they were a “thing.” I’ve tried every method posted on the internet, and while they were good, I always felt like there were just a little off from perfect. It took smoking about 1,000 lbs of pork belly over the years to finally figure out the best method and my personal favorite combination of sauces and rubs for burnt ends. Here’s my recipe for Pork Belly Burnt Ends
- 8 pounds of Pork Belly
- Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub
- TN Mojo BBQ Rub
- Meat Church Holy Voodoo
- Blues Hog Champions Blend BBQ Sauce
- Burntout BBQ Grill Candy
- Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 1 cup of Water for spritzing
- Cut pork belly into 1.75 inch – 2 inch cubes (this was way better than every time I cut them smaller. They stand up better and hold their shape better. If you’ve ever tried this I’m sure you’ve had them fall all over the place during the cook.)
- Season with Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub and TN MOJO BBQ Rub and place on a well-sprayed metal rack. I season them in a huge bowl 6-8 at a time then place on the rack and season more. Let them sit for 30-45 minutes before they hit the smoker.
- Heat the YS1500s Pellet Smoker to 250 degrees
- Smoke for 2.5 hours, spritz at 1 hour and 2 hour mark with a mixture of water and Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Remove from smoker, pan them, add unsalted butter, honey, brown sugar and Meat Church Holy Voodoo. Cover with foil and smoke for 1.5 hours. They should be around 202-205 degrees and are now ready to glaze. Remove them and drain the juices. (draining those juices has been a huge step I’ve been missing all this time).
- Mix glaze as 90% Blues Hog Champions Blend, 9% Burntout BBQ Grill Candy, 1% Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce, 5 dash of Killer Hogs Hot Sauce.
- Warm glaze as you get close to the 2.25 hour mark.
- Toss in glaze and return to smoker for 20-30 minutes or until glaze is tacky.
- Serve and enjoy
Serving Size1/4 Pound
Amount Per Serving Calories 590Total Fat 32gSodium 2073mgCarbohydrates 14gProtein 52g